Women’s involvement in the world of business is an opportunity for them to better understand the issues that matter to their society and to the world in general. It has been a privilege for me to be involved in all aspects of my husband’s global business and philanthropic activities, since their inception. Amongst all, the Makhzoumi Foundation has been the greatest and the most rewarding of all the challenges I have encountered. The Foundation was established, in Lebanon in 1997, out of a strong desire to help enable fellow citizens to achieve self-dependence and improved career prospects and it has been growing eversince.
The Foundation’s vision is summarised as follows:
- Evolution of the Lebanese civil society.
- Empowerment of the potentials of Lebanese human resources.
- Empowerment of the Lebanese citizens to reach self-sustainability and independence.
- Emphasizing the importance of environmental preservation.
- Encouraging the quest for education.
To achieve this, the Foundation has organized its programs as follows:
- Vocational Training
- Health Care Program
- Development Program